Spring Break is happening for a lot of folks this week and next, and many people are gearing up for car trips right around Easter, as well. I know my family will be doing some traveling in the next two weeks, so we need to take a moment to make sure our car is ready for a road trip. You might be in the same boat, so I thought I’d share what I had checked out at Express Oil Change & Service Center (yes, they do more than oil changes!).
1. Have your battery tested to ensure it has plenty of life in it for your trip. The last thing you want is a dead vehicle hundreds of miles from home.
2. Tire check needed: make sure tires have plenty of tread, are balanced and not in need of rotation. And do you have a spare? If not, now is the time to get one!
3. Belts, hoses, and the engine coolant needs a thorough check. When we were at Express Oil Change, were were advised to change one of our belts. Since they had the belt we needed on hand could take care of it in 10 minutes, we went for it! It wasn’t fun to spend $80, but it was a great feeling to know that something that could break at any time was taken care of. The mechanic also showed us the old belt after he replaced it. And wow! It was VERY cracked. He definitely made me feel better about our decision to get it replaced on the spot by showing us just how bad it was.
4. Check your oil levels. If you are going to be due for an oil change during your trip, it is better to get it taken care of before you leave. Either way, I recommend checking out Express Oil Change & Service Center if you have one in your town or the place where you are visiting. They were SUPER fast…we didn’t even have to get out of the car!
5. Make sure your air and fuel filters are clean. You want fresh air and an efficient gas tank on the road, and Express Oil Change & Service Center can make sure you have both!
6. Time for a light check! In addition to making sure your brake lights and blinkers are working, Express Oil Change & Service Center will also turn off any maintenance lights that might be on. They reset one for ours that was on because it was time for an oil change, and it was SO nice to see that light go away!
Express Oil Change & Service Center offers free travel inspections for their customers, so it just makes sense to have them look over your vehicle for you while you are getting your oil changed. Additionally, this month $1 will be donated to Childrens’s of Alabama (a pediatric hospital) for every car serviced. Just one more reason to head in!
This was my first visit to Express Oil Change & Service Center, and I can say with confidence that I will go back. I was very impressed with their speed, their great customer service, and the variety of things they could help with on the spot. It was so nice to take care of a problem that was on our horizon without having to drop off our vehicle at a mechanic’s garage for the day. Like I said, I didn’t even have to get out of the car!
Where do you go to get your oil changed? Have you ever tried Express Oil Change & Service Center?
For full article, click here.