Your brakes are the most critical safety component of your car.
Routine brake inspections are an easy and important way to minimize the potential for more costly repairs down the road as well as to maximize the safety of everyone who rides in your vehicle.
EXPRESS OIL CHANGE® & Service Center will complete a complimentary visual brake inspection when performing a tire rotation & balance, which can typically see the most apparent of brake components and their overall condition.
A visual Brake Inspection should be conducted regularly and includes:
- Removing the wheels
- Checking brake linings for wear
- Checking brake pads and shoes for wear
We also offer and in many cases recommend a full brake diagnostic inspection, which will enable us to provide an intensive and thorough diagnosis of your entire brake system.
In addition to checking the brake linings and pads and shoes for wear, we will also:
- Perform computerized diagnostics
- Check master cylinder
- Check calipers
- Check expansion valve
- Check all brake hoses
- Check brake booster
We recommend that you get a full service brake inspection every 10,000 miles or if you notice any of these common warning signs:
- Squealing/grinding noise when applying brakes
- Continuous squeak or chirping sound that stops when brakes are applied
- Vibration when brakes are applied
- When applied, if brake pedal goes down too far
- When applied, if brake pedal feels spongy or soft
- When applied, if brake pedal is very hard
- The dash brake light is “on”
- The brake fluid is low
In most cases, there is a nominal charge for the work performed with a full service brake inspection; however, if your car does require any repair and this is done through the location where the inspection was performed, the inspection charge will be credited back.